The wide and spacious turf areas create a comfortable look and feel - and are contrasted with extensive vegetation along the margins of holes. Several holes feature a native look of wetland marshes and open water lakes, while colorful plantings around many tees convey an exotic tropical feel. The course elevations and contours frame the sides of the holes, giving each a contained and private feel.
Additional features include
- Putting greens located in short game practice area and also adjacent to the tees at #1 and #10
- Native area waste bunkers
- Newly-renovated formal bunkers with white sand on all holes
- Elevated Clubhouse overlooking holes #1, #10, #9, #18 and the practice areas
- On-course rest stations accessible from holes #3, #4, #6, #7, #11 and #12
- Dramatic private entry gate with waterfalls, lakes and stone work
The experience of playing this Tom Fazio masterpiece is what Sarasota golf was meant to be.The Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club is recognized by Audubon International for its environmental excellence, designated as a Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary.